Two BICC scholarships are available for study on the M.Phil. Modern Chinese Studies course at the University of Oxford, commencing in October 2014. Both scholarships provide £20,000 p.a. towards fees and maintenance. One scholarship is for the full two years of the course. The second scholarship is for one year only. These scholarships will be awarded on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and on the quality of a proposal for doctoral study. The scholarships are funded by the HEFCE Postgraduate Support Scheme award to the ‘Sustainable Funding for Language-based Area Studies’ initiative, led by SOAS, University of London.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Either qualify for UK or EU fee status or be ordinarily resident in the UK or EU.
- Have submitted an application to the M.Phil. in Modern Chinese Studies and expect to start the course in October 2014
- Intend to continue to a doctoral degree after completing the M.Phil.
Students who have not yet applied to the M.Phil. in Modern Chinese Studies at the University of Oxford should do so using the application code 2014/MCS/BICC no later than 20 April 2014. Your scholarship application will not be considered until you have submitted a full graduate application. Further details about making a graduate application are available at http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/postgraduate/apply. Receipt of one of these scholarships will be dependent upon the applicant meeting all requirements for admission to the M.Phil. in Modern Chinese Studies, and taking up a place on this course for 2014/15.
The deadline for applications is 20 April 2014.
Applications should include:
- A copy of the application materials submitted to the University of Oxford for entrance to the M.Phil. in Modern Chinese Studies
- A statement outlining how undertaking the MPhil in Modern Chinese Studies would prepare the applicant for doctoral study and provide an indication of the applicants’ research interests for doctoral study.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
All applicants will automatically be considered for both scholarships.
For more information on the M.Phil. in Modern Chinese Studies at the University of Oxford see: http://www.orinst.ox.ac.uk/ea/chinese/mph_modchst.html